Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2010-2011


Ahhaa! One year of college has come to an end and ladies and gentleman! What an year it has been. 
I have changed, a lot. The individual I was as I first stepped into Pune on a rainy day in June exists only in the shadows of the individual that left Pune with a spring in his step a few weeks ago. He walked around with a bag and explored a new world, like a child exploring a new toy with tantrums and triumphs. He walked around carrying his baggage, like a wanderer hoping to find home again. He walked out with nothing is his hands for he knew what he really always wanted.
Looking back time just flew yet some moments still linger. I wish I could describe all of them to you and myself. They are a handful of moments which you can feel and experience as well when the time is right, yet words often elude them. It is difficult to describe something which even you have not completely understood.
I do not know where to start from, which thread to pull out from the weaves of time and stitch together as I write. Some threads have not been touched upon and have slowly withered away. What is new today, will tomorrow be old and now is left behind, yet those moments still linger. 
The people I met. They were all different, some shook my hand and passed me by and others made me a part of their story and I did too. A note, a page and sometimes, even a chapter. From a name to a friend and sometimes more. From a handshake to intertwined fingers to a warm hug which made all the difference. Many have crossed and many have walked my path with me.
The shopkeeper would know which chocolate I always took and keep it ready when he saw me entering. Every morning I would walk to the stand and the autowallah would go into his auto waiting for me to sit inside. My tiffin uncle, a cheerful sardar, would send me kheer once a week and call asking, how it was. The guy at Patios always gave me a familiar smile and served my strawberry creme at a super fast speed. The uncle at Pune Bakery always gave me change and served me their ‘ Pune ka world famous’ puff with the biggest smile I have ever seen. 
It was such charming and unexpected relationships that added a magical touch to the year gone by and it is only now when I am looking back that I realize all this. 
I have many people to thank. Some taught me lessons, some taught me life and some made me laugh, sing and leap. They have been wonderful and always a ‘ One paisa per second’ phone call away. 
All this, more and myself gave me something to wake up for each morning and get out there, climb that extra step and walk that extra mile.
Here’s to a wonderful, eventful and a completely unforgettable year. And something tells me the next one is going to be even better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment